Edmonton Acrobatic Gymnastics takes the health and safety of our participants, coaches and families seriously. We are participating in the Alberta Restrictions Exemption Program.
In consideration of the fact that many of our participants are under 12 and therefore are not currently eligible for Covid vaccinations, we have implemented some addition protocols as noted below.
Entry into the facility
Any entry into the facility, whether as a participant, parent/guardian doing a drop-off or pick up, or parents intending to meet with staff inside for any reason will require:
Individuals 12 Years old and older
Proof of Vaccination
- Sept. 20 to Oct. 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- After Oct. 25: proof of double vaccination is required.
Proof of Negative Test
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
Proof of Medical Exemption
- Documentation certifying that the participant has a medical exemption with an original signature, signed by a currently active and certified medical doctor
Proof may be in the form of you original vaccine record received a the time of vaccination, or a record from government approved source such as: https://albertavaccinerecord.ca/
Individuals under 12 years old
- No proof of vaccination, negative Covid Test or medical exemption required.
- All Individuals entering the building must wear face masks in building common areas outside of the gym space (foyer, halls, washrooms, etc.)
- Participants may wear masks during training, but this is not required except for parent and tot classes where the parent participant must remain masked.
- Hand sanitization required upon entry to gym space, between circuits, and prior to participating in partner acrobatic skills
- No sharing of personal effects
- Participants must bring their own water bottle
- Participants are required to a daily online health screening prior to attending class
Staff and Facility
- Anyone entering the facility must adhere to the protocols listed above for participants
- This includes to view the training space upon your first visit,
- Coach/Staff wear face masks during classes
- Frequent disinfecting of all equipment and touch surfaces
- No in-person spectators (Parents are provided a link to watch a live feed for their child’s class from the comfort of their vehicle, home or other location)
- Staff watch for health symptoms and immediately implement separation protocols to isolate potential concerns and send home, as well as disinfect surfaces that may have been touched by the symptomatic participant.
*As at September 18, 2021.
Protocols may be updated from time-to-time depending on the current local health situation and we may alter the above accordingly.